Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Little About Our Family.

To start off I though I would make my first post a little about our family. I'm 22, mommy to a beautiful little girl and currently working as a medical assistant. My fiance Derrick is also 22, the greatest daddy in the world and currently works data entry on the night shift. We have been in a committed relationship for almost 9 years and have been engaged since 2007. We have been dreaming of a trip (or move) to Japan for almost 4 years now.

In 2008 we got into watching Anime. I fell in love with the art, characters, and language. I started researching Japan and all in entails. I read about the culture, the people, the land. I fell in love with everything about Japan. I realize in hindsight I romanticized Japan with unreal expectations but I have since learned to appreciate the culture for the good and bad and most of all for the vast difference between Japan and America.

So in 2008 I told Derrick "I want to go to Japan" and that is what started our long journey of finding a way to make it happen. We started planning, budgeting, and researching. We bought books on learning the language and customs and spent countless reading on the internet.

In 2009/2010 I became pregnant and we had our little girl. We sort of fell off the Japan bandwagon with all the stress of a new baby. We spent our Japan savings and forgot almost all of the language we had learned. Now our baby is turning into a rough and tumbly toddler and we are more than ready to start planning again. I made this blog to document our journey to making our dream come true and to share my crazy everyday life as a mommy. I also hope to meet other people who also want to visit or are currently staying in Japan.

Our plan now: start saving money and learn as much Japanese as we can! Hopefully very soon we will be able to make this a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment