Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Top 5 Things I Look Forward to Seeing and Doing in Japan!

I Look forward to doing many things in Japan but I thought I could compile a list of my top 5 for tonight's blog.


Number One: Cherry Blossom Trees!
I think these trees are beautiful. I cannot wait to be in Japan sitting under a big a big ol' Cherry Blossom tree.
I would love to be able to plan our visit to be at the same time as the cherry blossom festival but I also fear having to fight a big crowd around those times as well.



Number Two: Onsen!
There is nothing I love more than a long hot bath, so what better way to spend my day than relaxing in the Japanese hot springs. I want to seek out the interesting onsens as well that have wine and green tea baths. I can't wait to walk out of there feeling like a limp noodle from all that relaxation.


Number Three: Ryokan!
No thanks big fancy hotels, I can't wait to stay at a ryokan. We want to get the most out of our trip so we decided we will be staying at a ryokan for the most authentic experience. I have heard great things about staying at a ryokan such a friendly staff/owners, great food, and super comfy futons.



Number Four: Food!
Now I'm not a big fan of sushi (yet) but I love Japanese rice, teriyaki chicken, and miso soup to name a few. I can't wait to try all of the yummy authentic Japanese food. I definitely want to visit some good ramen places as well.


Number Five: Sight Seeing!
I think one of the most enjoyable activities in Japan will simply be walking around sight seeing. I look forwards to visiting quite a few temples and rock gardens. I also look forward  to shopping and bringing home lots of Japanese goodies for our friends and family.


So that concludes my top 5 list. There are a ton of other things I want to see and do and perhaps one night when my toddler isn't shredding toilet paper and trying to mame our cat I'll make my list a bit more in-depth.
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment