Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Sad Night

I read a very sad news story tonight about a little boy close to my daughters age that was taken from his home last night and murdered. His parents say he just vanished from his crib. I don't understand how anyone can look a child in their face and cause them any harm. It makes no sense. I just wonder how anyone could look at any child and hurt them. This story unfortunately follows another one from a few weeks ago of missing baby Lisa Irwin who was only 10 months old when she was taken from her home in the middle of the night. This baby is still missing. These towns are all in my neighboring state and hits way to close to home. Later this week Alayna's big girl bed arrives and she will no longer be sharing our bed (hopefully) but now I am feeling extra apprehensive and afraid of leaving her in her room to sleep alone. How can these babies just vanish from their beds? It makes me thankful we have an angel care monitor that beeps within 10 seconds of no movement at night. That may be the one thing to save my sanity.

On a happier note I have been researching the JET program. It seems to be a really nice way to spend a year (or more) in Japan. It seems doable  if you have children and the pay seems adequate. Its all just seems so overwhelming, to get past all of the red tape with visas and such, I'm terrified of making a mistake and being separated from my family. I would hate to get there and then not be able to get them here. They say the people in the JET program help you get everything set up but I wonder if its true. But its something we are looking at, something that won't happen for at least a few years as neither of us have a bachelors degree yet. If we do participate in jet I would like to do it before Alayna is in elementary school though just so the adjustment is easier. If anyone who reads this is involved with JET feel free to comment on your experience with them.

Well that is all for tonight, time for Layna's third bath of the day ( apparently Cheetos make good hair styling product?) and then bed. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment